- Why Successful Businesses have Finance Directors?
- Benefits of an Insight Finance Director
- What if I don't have a Finance Director
A Finance Director provides financial information to the business leadership. They are responsible for the financial well being of the enterprise and give guidance and strategic support to improve business performance.
Specific tasks might include:
- Management accounts review
- Cash flow review
- Integrity checks of data
- Board meeting participation
- Financial strategy input
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Strategic planning and forecasting
- Oversee financial compliance
Insight Associates are Chartered Certified Accountants with over 25 years’ commercial and practical experience in supporting all manner of business at all stages of growth.
The benefits to businesses under our care include:
- Accurate & relevant information
- Robust accounting process
- Confidence in financial results
- Strategic business input
- Planning & development focus
- Decision support on key issues
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Access to funders
- Advice & management of cost control
- Access to professional advisers
- Commercially experienced
If you've got a really strong business you may tick along OK for a while without a Finance Director.
What frequently happens is the business doesn't reach its' full potential and when circumstances change the warning signs are missed. Profits stagnate and when the business owner is looking to sell the value of the business isn't as they hoped.
- Financial inexperience delays growth
- Investors lack confidence in the figures
- Missed bargaining opportunities
- Inability to plan ahead properly