- Why do successful businesses have finance directors?
- What are the benefits of an Insight Finance Director?
- What if I don't have a Finance Director
As a business owner, you know your work inside out. But you don’t necessarily have the financial background or skills to understand your company’s financial position in-depth and the financial implications of every move you take.
It is frustrating, because it holds your business back.
That’s why every corporate relies on a finance director who can help the business leaders understand the financial side of their company. But there’s no need to wait until you’re a big corporate. This is a service you can have today, giving you a competitive advantage.
Specific tasks might include:
- Ensuring your cashflow is smooth
- Giving you input on financial strategy
- Forecasting your financial performance
- Preparing a budget that achieves your goals
- Monthly management accounts
- Helping you plan ahead
- Presenting financial data to your Board
- Overseeing financial compliance
Outsourcing your finance director services to Insight Associates gives you a competitive advantage. You don’t just get the skills and experience of one FD, but of an entire team. And we are not only technically competent, but get to know your business inside out as well, so our advice is tailored to your specific circumstances.
But that’s not all. Here are other benefits you enjoy:
- Confidence in your financial data
- Management accounts that aid decision-making
- Robust accounting processes you can trust
- Turnkey processes and systems
- Clear financial plans and budgeting
- Focus on long-term planning and development
- Strategic business input
- Cost control
- Access to funders
- Support when you make key decisions
- Get a financial sounding board
- Stakeholder relationship management
If you have a really strong business, you might still grow without a finance director.
But you are unlikely to reach your full potential. You may grow more slowly than you should. You’ll make more mistakes along the way. You won’t anticipate crises. When you come to sell, your business may not be worth what you hoped.
And the toll on you, the business owner, is heavy.
It is enormously stressful having to grow a business without clear financial data, without proper financial planning and without anyone you can turn to for reliable financial advice and guidance.
- Financial inexperience delays growth
- You miss bargaining opportunities
- You invest in the wrong places in your business
- You miss warning signs when things go wrong
- Investors lack confidence in the figures
- It is difficult to plan ahead properly
- Too much financial fire-fighting
- Finances take up too much of your time
- You doubt your own decisions