Just One Day
Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?
It’s a question frequently asked in job interviews, designed to assess a candidate’s hopes, aspirations and career goals for the next few years.
It’s also a question that business owners, directors and senior managers should be regularly asking themselves, to better understand what they want their business to achieve and the actions they need to take to get there.
Unfortunately, life (and business) usually gets in the way.
So often, we see business owners getting so caught up in the day-to-day running of their company that they struggle to see the wood for the trees. They get so immersed in the nuts and bolts that they lose sight of their wider goals and purpose, resulting in missed opportunities and ground lost to competitors.
That’s where Just One Day comes in.
Helping you see the bigger picture
Just One Day helps you get your head out of the minutiae of running a business and think strategically about your long-term business goals. Let’s get you out of the office for the day and away from your mobile and emails, to attend the most structured, time-efficient and effective corporate planning session you’ve ever experienced.
We always start by exploring what you’d want from your business both personally and professionally if anything were possible. That way, we can make sure the business we design together is one you’ll love.
We’ll ask the pertinent questions you don’t have the time and headspace to ask, helping you shape your answers with intelligent observations about your business, aspirations and goals.
We’ll ask you questions like:
- Why did you start your business?
- How did you get to where you are today?
- Where do you want to be in x years’ time?
- What are your business objectives?
- What does success mean to you?
- What are the biggest challenges you’re currently facing? How might you overcome them?
- What do you think you should be doing more of?
- Do you have the resources you need to succeed?
- Are you using the right systems and software?
By the time you leave, you will have clear goals for your business that align with your personal objectives – and the headline actions you need to take in order to get there.
Do any of these statements relate to you?
- My business is at least two years old and is turning over £1 million or more.
- I have all these ambitions to grow my company, but I just feel ‘stuck’.
- I work hard but I don’t feel like I’m getting anywhere.
- I’m struggling to imagine the future – I want a clearer picture of where we’re heading.
- We’re losing ground to our competitors.
- I’m serious about driving my business forward, but I need a concrete plan.
- I get so bogged down in the everyday stuff that it’s hard to find time to plan.
Any of that feel familiar?
If the answer is yes, then Just One Day could transform your business, too.
After your day is over, we’ll compile all the key output into a comprehensive strategic plan, which you can use to achieve the clear, precise goals we’ve developed together.
Is Just One Day right for you?
Well, many of our clients have told us that Just One Day was absolutely transformative for their business. It allowed them – some for the very first time – to define exactly what kind of business they wanted to build, and gave them the focus and confidence they needed to forge ahead.
Why take our word for it? Here’s what our clients said:
“It made us think about what magic we want to create for this company, and for ourselves.”
“Anyone running a business should do this regularly.”
“We’ve been able to engage our staff better.”
Essentially, we think that Just One Day is right for any business owner looking to bring more direction to their company and understand what they need to do to drive success.
Just One Day (Lamp & Pencil)
In this video, the duo behind Light & Pencil, a theatre design, manufacturing and special effects company, explain how our Just One Day service helped them think about their hopes for the business’s future – and the actions they needed to take to make it happen.
Book your Just One Day experience today
If you are ready to go ahead with Just One Day, or would like to find out more, please do get in touch. We’ll answer any initial questions you may have and suggest a mutually convenient meeting date. If you do decide to go ahead, all you’ll have to do is tell us which directors and shareholders will join us on the day and complete some preparatory ‘homework’ ahead of your Just One Day experience.